Live painting is a great way to entertain guests and memorialize your special day. Not only do you get a keepsake that you can hold onto forever, but its an experience for you and your guests to enjoy seeing a moment captured in real time on paper. 

Live painting of your special day

The Event of a Lifetime

The process

First Steps

Contact me via my contact form or email me at info@kaitlinfunkhouser.com if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, you can book me directly through my "book now" link below. 

You'll be able to view my available dates and fill out a form with all the info I'll need. (Note that it makes you select a time when choosing your date, but it'll block off the whole day for you no matter which time you select.) You'll have the option to pay the 25% deposit to secure the date, or go ahead and pay in full. Any remaining balance and travel fees will be charged a month before the event. 

Then you're on the books! I'll reach out via the contact info you provide if I need anymore info.  

The Day Of

I'll arrive about 2 hours before the start of the ceremony or the reception (whichever moment you'd like to be painted) to set up and get started on sketching the background. 

I'll be taking photos and videos before and throughout the event to make sure I have references to look at while working on the painting. 

I'll continue to paint throughout the event. If guests are moved to a different location (ex. from ceremony space to a different reception space) I'll move too, so your guests can continue to watch the painting unfold.

In some cases you will be able to take home a completed painting, but this is not guaranteed. 
If additional time is needed I will bring home to complete in my studio. If I do finish the painting, I'll coordinate with your planner on how the painting will be getting home to you. 

Pricing and billing

All packages include a finished watercolor painting. If the painting is not completed by the end of the event, I will bring it home to complete in my studio and shipped to you at no additional cost. If you would like more adjustments after the painting is completed, you will be invoiced $50 per studio hour spent and shipping costs. Watercolor paintings require framing under glass (not included).

Package pricing does not include travel costs.
Anywhere within 2 hours drive of Raleigh, North Carolina is no additional cost.
2-5 hours drive outside of Raleigh, NC I would need to be compensated for gas and hotel room.
Anywhere 5 hours or more outside of Raleigh, NC I would need to be compensated for a flight and hotel room.
I will book any flights or accommodations myself and send these charges along with the remainder of the package price a month prior to the event. 
You can contact me for a quote on travel fees for your event. 
I am willing to travel anywhere in the world! 

Securing your date requires a 25% deposit of the package price.  The remaining 75% and any travel fees will be invoiced 4 weeks before the date of your event. 
In case of cancelation of your event for any reason, I will retain the deposit.
If I have to cancel before your event for any reason, the deposit and any payments made will be returned to you. 
Rescheduling may be available if my calendar is open on the new date.  

Then you are all set to have me come paint at your event! I look forward to it!

Includes 6 hours of live painting.
A 18 x 24 inch watercolor painted on-site at your event. 

 

18 x 24 inch watercolor

$1200 USD

Includes 7 hours of live painting.
A 22 x 30 inch watercolor painted on-site at your event. 

 

22 x 3o inch watercolor

$1500 USD

Includes 5 hours of live painting.
A 18 x 24 inch watercolor painted on-site at your event. 

 

16 x 20 inch watercolor

$1000 USD

Thanks, You'll be added to our newsletter

"The whole process with Kaitlin was seamless from start to finish! Her attention to detail is impeccable and she is so willing to go above and beyond for her customers. She delivers a high quality product in a very efficient timeline. You won’t be disappointed!"

-Catherine T.

Kaitlin did a live painting for my wedding. I cannot express enough how incredible of an experience it was to have her there to capture our special moment. My guests absolutely loved watching her paint and it was so cool to see our one of a kind piece of art come to life before our eyes.


- Kylie and Nick 

Kaitlin was wonderful to work with. She sent multiple photo approvals throughout the process to ensure I'd be happy with the final product. I appreciate her flexibility and willingness to make edits when requested. My friend is going to be so happy with this painting of her first kiss with her new husband!

- Allison P.

She did a live painting at our wedding, it was amazing and everything we wanted. She added what we asked her, the painting turned out beautiful and it will last a lifetime! If your thinking about a live painter go with Kaitlin you won’t regret it!!

- Lindsay and Matt